Routing the CNG Supply Line
(Click any pic for a enlarged view)

To get started I picked up a 50' roll of .250x.035 316L stainless steel tube in a ,"you guessed it", Ebay auction. The price was $45.00, a major steal. The seller, Mbglick has a wide selection of various rolled tubing. If you are interested in the technical specifications of this type of tubing you can go here.

Routing the 1/4" tubing was relatively easy. Once the licenses plate was removed, there was an access hole to pass the tubing through. I just uncoiled 10" and pulled it along the route I selected.

When I got to the end it required fishing the tubing around a lot of obstacles. If I did not get the route right, then I would have to cut, splice and re-route.

Once I got the tubing pulled from back to front, I cut, bent and applied a flare nut to the end. Everything went well and the flare nut screwed right onto the bulkhead fitting.

With the end of the tubing anchored on the bulkhead fitting I began attaching the tubing using 1/4" stainless steel cushion line clamps.

This is the first attach point. I used stainless steel self tapping screws to attach the clamps. These screws make the job easy.

Moving forward to the next support channel, another clamp is applied.

When I got to the front of the bed, I needed to make a right hand turn and go over the top of the frame. Where the tubing touched the frame I used a piece of 1/4" high pressure fuel line to protect it from rubbing.

I created this little gem for use coming down the other side of the frame.

Here is a view of it in place.

It sure is sweet sailing along the frame rail.

At the first cab support I needed to run the tubing through an access slot. Here I am wrapping the tubing in a piece of vinyl plastic hose.

A larger piece of fuel line is applied over the plastic hose.

Then it is slid into the access slot and zipped tied in place.

Here is the transition from the frame into the engine compartment. I had to remove the tire and inner fender well to get good access.

Looking back is the front cab support. Another rubber isolation tube needed installed there.

Well here we are at the engine compartment. I had to move around a few hoses to get the tubing where I wanted it.

I thought of running the tubing all the way to the other side of the engine compartment, however thought different when I realize I had not looked at where the regulator would be mounted. With that, I decided I would union together the last leg of tubing after I mounted the regulator.